College


Choosing a college major is crazy. You're incredibly young and you're sent to this place where you have to be independent for the first time. And then you're expected to make such a big decision. Usually, when you are that young you just really have no idea what to do with yourself. I know I didn't. I think that if I had started college now, I would have made better decisions than I did when I went to college 3 years ago. I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do with myself. I didn't know what it felt like trying to get a job. It just seemed like I could do whatever and figure it out later. Now I regret not doing something that I really had a passion for.

I chose a major that I thought would be practical since being as young as I was, I thought that that was what you were supposed to do. I said, "hey this major is going to get me some jobs right, so I guess I'll do that" but the problem is, when you don't like the thing that you major in, you aren't going to want to go for those type of jobs, so it ends up being a waste anyway. If I'd have realized that back then, then I probably would never have settled for doing the major that I did.

Now I am stuck with a degree that I have no desire to use. In fact, I basically have a degree in something that I hate more than anything else in the world. What I do to make money now doesn't even involve a degree, so I easily could have saved money not going to college and I'd still be doing the same thing with my life right now. I should have taken a gap year.